The Pros of Artificial Grass Installation
Artificial grass took the UK by storm and as such, it could be something that you are thinking of laying in your garden. Is it the right choice? Take a look at this long list of benefits to decide it is…
- A smart solution for many people, artificial grass always looks great. No matter the weather, it is always green and lush looking.
- Your artificial lawn won’t need a lot of attention or maintenance. Forget mowing, fertilising and scarifying the lawn, or using expensive products to remove weeds and so on. All it needs is an occasional brush and, in some cases, you can vacuum it too.
- An artificial lawn is a great choice for everybody but for older people and those with limited mobility, the pleasing appearance and little maintenance required allows you to enjoy your garden without the hassle.
- Some people think that artificial lawns are bad for the environment. But, laid correctly with the right ‘foundation layers’, the artificial lawn allows rainwater to drain into the water table beneath.
- But the important thing to remember is that there will not be muddy puddles when it rains. Great news if you have dogs and/or children who enjoy playing in the garden.
- If you have dogs, an artificial lawn is great because you can disinfect areas and wash it with environmentally-friendly soaps to keep it clean and disease-free from dog poop and pee.
- Dogs can’t dig up the artificial lawn either!
- You don’t need to water an artificial lawn either and that’s great news for the environment because you’ll be cutting down on water use.
- You can use it in smaller and awkward shape patches too such as outside of kennels or in small spaces where mowing a lawn wouldn’t make sense.
- You don’t need to buy an expensive lawnmower or strimmer.
- When you enjoy a holiday or an extended period away from home, the artificial grass stays green.
- You don’t need to invest in an expensive sprinkler system.
- It can be cheaper to maintain too with no chemicals or special equipment needed.
- As a product, artificial lawns have improved – you can now choose different shades of green that match better with your property and garden.
- The quality of artificial grass has improved too so you can get the right product for you and your budget.
- If you lead a busy lifestyle, artificial grass is a perfect choice.
- Installed correctly, it dries quicker than normal grass meaning you can use your garden after a downpour without worrying about damaging it or getting muddy.
Is artificial grass right for your garden?
There are many benefits to laying artificial grass and although many people install it as part of a DIY project, without the proper layers of sand beneath, it can become an expensive disaster.